Frozen Ginger Chai Chocolate Shake Topped with Iced Gingerbread Cookie Pop
Ingredients (makes 4 shakes)
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup loose masala chai tied in cheesecloth, or 4 chai tea bags
- 4 slices peeled fresh ginger
- 12 whole black peppercorns
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Whipped cream
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Chocolate sauce (store bought)
- Iced Gingerbread Cookie Pop
- In a saucepan, warm the milk over medium heat just until it begins to steam and bubble around the edge.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the chai cheesecloth sachet (or tea bags), ginger, peppercorns, cinnamon stick, and sugar. Stir briefly to dissolve the sugar.
- Cover and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Transfer to an airtight container and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or (preferably) overnight.
- Just before serving, make the whipped cream.
- Drizzle inside of empty glass with your favorite store-bought chocolate sauce.
- Pour the cold chai through a fine-mesh sieve into a glass measuring cup and discard the solids.
- Add the ice cream to a blender, then pour over the cold chai and process until smooth.
- Pour into tall frosty glasses, top each with a big dollop of whipped cream, sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon, add Iced Gingerbread Cookie Pop and enjoy!