‘Extra Sour’ Sour Patch Candy Pop Cupcakes
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) SOUR PATCH KIDS Soft & Chewy Candies, divided
- 3 large limes
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 lb. powdered sugar (4-1/2 cups)
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 Cups of SOUR PATCH KIDS Candy Pop
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Crush 3/4 cups of SOUR PATCH KIDS Candy
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package; stir in 3/4 cup crushed candies. Spoon into 24 paper-lined muffin pan caps.
- Bake cupcakes 18 to 20 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in pans 10 min. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- Zest each cupcake with lime juice once the cake is cooled.
- Beat butter in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, mixing well after each addition. Blend in milk, 1 Tbsp. at a time, until frosting is of desired spreading consistency. Beat in vanilla, then remaining lime zest and lime juice until blended.
- Spread or pipe frosting onto cupcakes; sprinkle with Sour Patch Kids Candy and Sour Patch Kids Candy Pop Popcorn.
- Zest once more to finish and then enjoy this mouthwatering treat!