- 1 bag of Oreo Cookie Pop Popcorn.
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
- Food coloring in green and purple
- Black and white icing
- Oreo cookie for the bat wings
- Googley eyes, sprinkles or other decorative items
- On low heat, combine your butter and marshmallows in a saucepan or dish on the stove. Stir until combined and gooey.
- Add your popcorn to the butter and marshmallow mixture. stir gently and fold in your popcorn.
- Separate your popcorn mixture into as many bowls as you are planning to make separate 'creatures' for. I separated into 3 bowls- one without any food coloring, one I added food coloring and the third I added purple. I prefer the gel food coloring.
- Grease your hands and scoop out about a cup of the mixture, then form into a ball. Set onto parchment paper.
- Decorate with googley eyes, sprinkles, oreos and black icing.
- If not eating immediately. store in an airtight container for 5-7 days.
MAKING YOUR BAT
To make a bat shape, cut an oreo in half. Using a knife wiggle it around a bit on the side of the popcorn ball to create a small gap. Place the oreo 'wing' in the hole so that it stays in place. Repeat on the other side.
MAKING A MONSTER POPCORN BALL
To make a 'monster,' I used green food coloring and black icing. This is my royal icing recipe, for detail work like the smile and scar I added a spoonful of powdered sugar to this recipe to thicken it up.
MAKING A MUMMY
To make a mummy, you don't need to add any food coloring to your popcorn. Add googley eyes and then drape thick icing (buttercream, royal, any type you prefer) with a wide icing tip around the popcorn balls creating the 'wrap'.